Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day -2 (or something like that)

So Athens in the summer is great; it's honestly just what I needed after my gloriously predictable run at the sophomore slump. Lots of relaxing on the porch with a sweet tea or other beverage, lots of guitar and soccer and work. But there's also a lot of mind-numbing boredom and not that much to really do aside from the normal routine. Elizabeth left last week for Buenos Aires, and her being down there has only made me want to get out of here more. I'm basically sitting on my hands waiting to get back to Managua. I'm excited to get back down there and do something worthwhile, to spend time with the PDs I met over spring break and meet a whole new crop of Manna volunteers from all over the US. For now, I'm just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment